Monday, May 12, 2014

Menoth Update - 1

Hi everybody, Andy here with a Menoth Update.

So I got of got side tracked from the battle box when I found the exemplar errants UA at the local game store. Oops ^_^

I am nearly finished painting the officer and standard nearer, needing only a few small details, mat finish, and to be based. I just got so excited I couldn't help but post! These guys are by far my favorite infantry in terms of looks in warmahordes. I'm so excited to get the full unit and paint them up.

The red and black really just look perfect on them. And the GW technical blood paint is just fantastic, as you can see I went to town on the officer. I also tried to add a "splatter" effect, as you can see little droplets all over his right side. I did this with a coarse brush. I dipped it just a bit into the paint, then flicked it at the model a whole bunch. I think it turned out well!

Oh and if you're wondering, the banner says," Blood for the blood God. Praise Menoth." on the left and right. Then the middle says "By blood do we enter this world, and by blood shall we leave it."

Well now I'm all fired up to finish these guys so expect to see some more posts soon!

- Andy

1 comment:

  1. As a fellow Menoth player, and as I stated at the store, love the dark color theme you went with. Looking forward to seeing more units with those colors.

    ReplyDelete