Wednesday, April 30, 2014

About me (Andy)


Hello wargamers! I am Andy and I would like to take this time (or space) to tell everyone a bit about myself and why I am writing this article!

 
So who am I. Well if I didn’t steal your attention away with Jackie Chan too much, you’d know that my name is Andy. I am a miniature wargamer from Minnesota. I’ve been playing tabletop games since I picked up Warhammer 40k way back in 8th grade. My first army was Chaos Space Marines. And when I say army, I mean a plastic box set and a box of metal Plague Marines. I also stretched that plastic set to a full 10-man squad by gluing the mutated bits to pieces of armor. They were… Interesting conversions to say the least. Although I didn’t have much, I always abused my friends poor Tau. He had a true force, but we only knew the second-hand so many rules were bent to favor my Chaosy doods. Sadly, my friend and I moved on from 40k and got sucked into World of Warcraft. Oh the wasted hours!

It wasn’t until my senior year of high school that I got back into tabletop gaming. Aaron and a few of his buddies that had continued playing 40k after I quit held a small “learning 40k” night at his place. He knew the rules and taught a friend and I with some small practice games. I was hooked! It was a ton of fun. I was looking at the armies and Necrons caught my eye. With their old codex, I struggled to win many games, but those games were hard fought and very rewarding.
After Necrons, I started developing what some call “Army ADD”. I jumped from force to force, starting with Aaron’s Chaos Space Marines, followed by a short foray into Tyranids and Space Marines. It was at this point I found the army I really love, the Eldar. I have a collection of something like 3000 points of painted Eldar. I also still have a small force of Ultramarines Space Marines I have really enjoyed playing as well.

Along with 40k, I have also begun to play Warmahordes. I play Legion of Everblight. I have really been hooked on this game recently, and will probably be putting out a fair bit of content covering this game. It is a ton of fun.

Outside of tabletop games, I enjoy football, reading epic sci-fi series, and playing my Wii U. I just graduated from NDSU with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering (so hopefully I actually have some more time for gaming!).

Aaron and I wanted to create this blog and our YouTube channel to share our passion for tabletop games. We have both been playing games for years, and we would like to share our experiences with you, the readers/viewers! So please enjoy all we have to offer, and always feel free to comment with any questions you may have!!

Thanks and enjoy,

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment